ATTENTION! The webbing line is subject to daily and semi-annual inspections and inspection according to the Manual.
A detailed description of the cases in which the webbing line should be removed from service and replaced with a new one is contained in the webbing line Fault Table.
The safety line is subject to MANDATORY decommissioning before the degree of deterioration indicated as the boundary in the Fault Table attached to the Operation Manual.
It is PROHIBITED to use non-original webbing line in TwinPoint autobelay.
ALGORITHM of replacement webbing line:
- Remove the autobelay and place it securely on the working table.
- Pull out the replaceable webbing line until it stops.
- Remove the nozzle according to the nozzle removal algorithm.
- Pull out the replacement webbing line until the fastening mechanism appears, connecting the replacement webbing line and lead webbing line, so that the fastening mechanism leaves the autobelay no more than 10-20 cm.
- Install a suitable pin (screwdriver) in the loop of the lead webbing line to prevent the webbing line from being pulled into the autobelay.
- Unscrew the fixing mechanism.
- Remove the replacement webbing line.
- Install a new replacement webbing line with the new fastening tape mechanism. It’s PROHIBITED to reuse the previously used fastener.
- Tighten the bolt on the fastening mechanism to 2 Nm, making sure that the bolt head is aligned flush with the level of the securing mechanism.
- While holding the new replacement webbing line, remove the pin from the loop of the webbing line and allow the new line with the fastening mechanism to slowly retraction under uniform tension into the autobelay. It is PROHIBITED to retract the webbing line with a twist or jam. Failure to comply with this rule may result in improper operation of autobelay, failure of the device and impairment of the people’s safety and health.
- Check that the fastening mechanism enters smoothly and tightly and without getting stuck wound on the lead webbing line inside the device. If it’s necessary, repeat step 10 several times until the fastening mechanism is properly retracted.
- While holding a new replacement webbing line, allow the new line to slowly retract under its own tension into an autobelay with a speed of no more than 0.5 m/s.
- Insert the nozzle according to the nozzle installation algorithm.
- Check that the webbing line is working correctly by pulling out and pulling in the line several times over the full length of the line.
- Return the autobelay to operation and check its correct work on climbing wall.
Checking and inspection of the nozzle
If the nozzle has traces exceeding the permissible level of wear, cracks, deformation or corrosion, it must be replaced. If necessary, take out of operation autobelay to replace the nozzle.
It’s PROHIBITED to use non-original nozzles.
Algorithm for removing the nozzle:
- Put autobelay on a solid working table. Make sure that it lies securely and does not fall.
- Pull the line 1 m from the device.
- Fix the line over the swivel or carabiner so that the line is not pulled into the device.
- Unscrew both parts of the plastic nozzle with the screw wrench internal hexagon.
Algorithm for injector installation:
- Screw both parts of the plastic nozzle with the key screw so that the line is free and without twists and jams entering the device.
- Smoothly release the webbing line and let it smoothly pull into the device.
- Check the correct operation of the autobelay.
CC FormAT uses only the following webbing line:
Operators need to study and apply the Instruction for the replacement of webbing line, which also includes a checklist, which will help to determine accurately the condition of the webbing line and the need to replace it.
Also you can watch a video about webbing lines of autobelay, their checking and replacement.